The CleanUp! 4.5 Beta 5 release is now available for download from:
Please note that this page is not accessible from the main CleanUp! web site, so you must use the above link.
For a complete list of What's New with this release, refer to:
Please take a few moments to review this.
Changes since CleanUp! 4.5 Beta 4 release:
* Added initial support for Real Player and Quick Time media player - suggested by riserman
* Removed the "Scan drives for temporary files" checkbox from the General tab under Options; also added a warning explaining its use when the option is enabled. [Hopefully these two things will reduce the "problems" associated with misconfiguring this functionality.]
* Modified About dialog to refer to these forums instead of the old Yahoo! discussion list.
* Bug fix: Under Windows XP and using Office 2003, it should now be safe to select the "Scan drives for temporary files" option with the file specification "*.BAK" included. [Previously this would cause problems for users of Windows XP and Office 2003 whereby they would be prompted to insert the Office 2003 installation CD.]
* Bug fix: Fixed problem where some (valid) directory names were showing up in the Custom Files, Add dialog but were not being permitted by the dialog validation.
To help keep track of feedback and possible bugs, please post any questions, comments or feedback regarding this beta release to the CleanUp! 4.5 Beta forum and not to any of the other forums. Please be sure to specify what beta version you are using if/when you post any questions/comments/feedback.
Author of Windows CleanUp!