Demo mode doesn't work when 4.5 installed over previous vers

For discussion about the latest beta software for CleanUp! 4.5. Since this beta test program is now over, this forum has been locked. It will be kept here for a short time for reference purposes.

Demo mode doesn't work when 4.5 installed over previous vers

Postby Wilson » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:11 pm

Hi Steve,
the Demo mode ("On the first run on a machine the user is now prompted whether or not they would like to run in demo mode.") didn't appear when I ran 4.5 Beta for the first time after installing it over the previous version. Perhaps it was designed to work only on a clean install of CleanUp!?
IMHO it should appear every time one updates CleanUp! to a new version, to test how the new features work on the user's particular Windows installation.
Also, I'd suggest you could put the Demo mode as a permanent option on the next release, it could be very useful, for example, when specifying custom files or changing file extensions to be deleted, or using for the first time the "scan local drives" option, for the user to see whether he set things up right.
Best,
Wilson
Wilson

Re: Demo mode doesn't work when 4.5 installed over previous

Postby sgould » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:07 pm

Wilson wrote:the Demo mode [cut] didn't appear when I ran 4.5 Beta for the first time after installing it over the previous version. Perhaps it was designed to work only on a clean install of CleanUp!?

That's correct. It was intended to be offerred on the first run (of any version of CleanUp!) on a machine and not on an upgrade.

Wilson wrote:Also, I'd suggest you could put the Demo mode as a permanent option on the next release

You should see it listed as an option under the Start, Programs, CleanUp! menu. :D

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Demo mode doesn't work when 4.5 installed over previous

Postby Wilson » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:53 am

sgould wrote:
Wilson wrote:Also, I'd suggest you could put the Demo mode as a permanent option on the next release

You should see it listed as an option under the Start, Programs, CleanUp! menu. :D

Steve

Thank you.
Wilson
Wilson

Return to CleanUp! 4.5 Beta