Choosing drives and fix for selecting custom directories

For discussion about the latest beta software for CleanUp! 4.5. Since this beta test program is now over, this forum has been locked. It will be kept here for a short time for reference purposes.

Choosing drives and fix for selecting custom directories

Postby Wilson » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:29 pm

Hi Steve,
two questions:
1) To another post in this forum, you replied:
sgould wrote:You'll be pleased to know that, as a result of your earlier request/suggestion, I have added an advanced feature to CleanUp! 4.5 (still in beta) that will allow you to specify which drive(s) CleanUp! should scan. :) For example, in your case you could just specify "C" to scan the C: drive.
Steve

I was unable to find this option on Beta 4.5. Where do I go to set it?
2) I had some subdirectories which wouldn't appear in the "custom files" window, using the ADD wizard, in the previous version. Now they all appear, but after completing the setting, on a directory which didn't appear previously, by specifying a particular file (in this case: "D:\Eudora\Anexos\Arquivos\winmail.dat") when I click on OK I get the message: "Invalid directory given as a custom directory: D:\Eudora\Anexos\Arquivos" , which is the directory that didn't appear previously.
This directory is my Eudora attachment directory, and is accessed normally by Eudora and by Windows Explorer.
In this particular case, I was also unable, on the previous version, to add the directory and file by manually entering the path and filename in the Custom Files window. I got the same message I now get through the wizard.
I'm running Win2K Professional in Portuguese. I haven't been able to find a definite pattern for a directory to work OK or not in this window.
Best,
Wilson
Wilson

Re: Choosing drives and fix for selecting custom directories

Postby sgould » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:03 pm

Wilson wrote:Hi Steve,
two questions:
1) To another post in this forum, you replied:
sgould wrote:You'll be pleased to know that, as a result of your earlier request/suggestion, I have added an advanced feature to CleanUp! 4.5 (still in beta) that will allow you to specify which drive(s) CleanUp! should scan. :) For example, in your case you could just specify "C" to scan the C: drive.
Steve

Search the CleanUp! help file for Advanced options or "scan drives". This is not currently accessible through the Options dialog - hence it is termed an advanced option.

Wilson wrote:2) I had some subdirectories which wouldn't appear in the "custom files" window, using the ADD wizard, in the previous version. Now they all appear, but after completing the setting, on a directory which didn't appear previously, by specifying a particular file (in this case: "D:\Eudora\Anexos\Arquivos\winmail.dat") when I click on OK I get the message: "Invalid directory given as a custom directory: D:\Eudora\Anexos\Arquivos" , which is the directory that didn't appear previously.
This directory is my Eudora attachment directory, and is accessed normally by Eudora and by Windows Explorer.
In this particular case, I was also unable, on the previous version, to add the directory and file by manually entering the path and filename in the Custom Files window. I got the same message I now get through the wizard.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like a bug! :oops: I'll take another look at it.

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Choosing drives and fix for selecting custom directories

Postby Wilson » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:51 am

sgould wrote:
Wilson wrote:1) To another post in this forum, you replied:
Steve

Search the CleanUp! help file for Advanced options or "scan drives". This is not currently accessible through the Options dialog - hence it is termed an advanced option.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Found it in Help.
Wilson
Wilson

Return to CleanUp! 4.5 Beta