M$ Word Feature

For discussion about the latest beta software for CleanUp! 4.5. Since this beta test program is now over, this forum has been locked. It will be kept here for a short time for reference purposes.

M$ Word Feature

Postby rdulaneyjr » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:49 am

I have been using CleanUp for about 5 years now.

After installing and running the new Beta version of Steve's wonderful program, a unknown file is deleted in M$ Word for Windows. After running CleanUp and accessing M$ Word I get a box telling me it is installing "Microsoft Word Feature" and the feature will not install (reinstall) w/o the installation CD is in the drive.

I have tried to discover what Feature CleanUp seems to delete but have not been able to discover that - as yet.

I am running Windows XP-Pro w/ all updates except SP-2 on a P-4, 3.2 Gig machine with 1024 RAM. M$ Word is installed from M$ Office for XP-Pro w/ all updates.

When using CleanUP all options except prefech files are checked.

It is really no hassle for me to reinstall the Feature it takes less than 30 seconds - however I thought you may be interested in this "problem"

Steve, if you desire you can e-mail me directly and I'll send you my phone number - or I can call you if you so desire.

Respectfully,

Bob
rdulaneyjr

MSN Office 2003

Postby ego » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:07 pm

This "missing" file problem occurs in all facets of Office 2003, as Steve has described, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. All documents I open in My Documents are opened with Word, and I must wait for the missing file to be installed before I can work with the file.
I too have tried to find what missing file CleanUp Beta is removing, but to no avail......
I am sure Steve will figure it out.
Ed
ego
Active - 10 posts
Active - 10 posts

Postby sgould » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:32 pm

Bob,

ego is right - see this thread. I have fixed this in CleanUp! 4.5 beta 5 (which in the works as we speak).

Steve
sgould
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CleanUp! 4.5 Beta